Perennials and Ornamental Grasses
We carry 1,800 varieties of perennials, our selection is larger than any other!
These flowers come back each year from the roots. The beautiful colors and quality of these plants will be sure to impress anyone. This year's selection is larger than any other.
At our store they are seperated by these categories:
- Xeric Perennials: Drought tolerant, mostly full sun plants.
- Xeric Groundcovers: Drought tolerant low-growing and spreading, full sun plants.
- Groundcovers: Low growing and spreading plants for many situations
- Rock Garden: Lower growing mounding, mostly flowering plants for many situations.
- Garden Perennials: Flowering plants, common to unusual, all heights and sizes.
- Shade Perennials: Flowering plants for 1/2 to full shade; all heights and sizes.
- Shade Groundcovers: Low growing and spreading plants for 1/2 to full shade.
- Hardy Ferns: Many varieties 2 inch to 2 feet.
- Hosta's: From mini-varigated to Giant Blue.
- Specialty Perennials: Sold in 2 gallon pots, many harder to find ones.
- Reseeding Annuals: Gloriosa Daisy, unusual poppies, ruby crystal grass.
Paulino's perennials are available in several convienent sized pots:
We grow our perennial plants here in our own greenhouses. They are displayed neatly by category and alphabetized by Botanic names. Our employees will be happy to assist you in picking out the right plants for your home.
Here are some of the 1,800 varieties Paulino Gardens carries:
Iris (Bearded & Siberian)
Lily (Oriental & Asiatic)
Missouri Evening Primrose
Poppy (Oriental, Iceland & Blue)
Red Birds in a Tree
Paulino Gardens carries over 50 different ornamental grasses each spring. Most are available from late April. They are available in 2½ inch, 3½ inch, 1 gallon, and 5 gallon pots - these can be 3 feet tall.
Here are some of the 50 different types of Ornamental Grasses Paulino Gardens carries:
Blue Oat Grass
Japanese Blood Grass
Korean Reed Grass
Little Bunny Grass
Mexican Feather Grass
Miscanthus - 12 varieties
Pony Tail Grass
Purple Fountain Grass
There's a variety of ornamental grass for everyone's needs. You can accent a pond, hide an
electrical box, create a screen or add height and winter interest to a perennial bed. If you're
looking for the newest or most popular ornamental grasses,
they're at Paulino Gardens!